What Shields are supported?

Hello!
On the original (read unmodified) Netduino 1 I’ve gotten it to work with both a regular prototype shield, actually the one from the Maker shed. And even the one from Parallax, the Board of Education one, it was designed for the Arduino, to enable people to use their Arduino boards in the same robotic environment as the Basic Stamp 2. In my case I combined both of them to support a rig who would deliver serial streams of data from a driven PAL chip, a PAL16L8 device in fact. In fact the machine was successful after a fashion.
However the one question that was never answered was one of, are the USB master shields supported on the N3 (any style)? I can understand the problem, I figured later that if I wanted to use the thing I would need to actually write a peripheral driver for the board. Now as it happens I can not see a need for the board, but with this newer board design I can see one if the future surfacing.

Gregg
“Come Watson the game is afoot!” Sherlock Holmes (Supposedly.)

All of the boards supported by Netduino 1 should still work with the later models.

In addition, there are a number of drivers available in Netduino.Foundation.

Regards,
Mark

Hello!
I saw that list. But what about the existing USB shield board, such as Sparkfun USB Host Shield that was the first one I did see described after one individual built a rather scrappy looking prototype. Sadly all of his boards continued to look like that.

Gregg
“Come Watson, I need you!” AG Bell (If you believe that story)

Support for that particular board may be available through third parties and maybe offered in Netduino.Foundation in the future.

If you come across a driver then please let us know. Alternatively, feel free to contribute to the library, contributions are always welcome.

Regards,
Mark