RbgPwmLed animation troubles

I am trying to use the RbgPwmLed library to control an RBG led. The first thing I noticed was the built in colors weren’t accurate for me. Might have to do with the specific RGB Led I have, but they were all off.

I want to use the blink animation, but I noticed it will flash between the set color and bright white (all on). Is there a way to have it flash from the set color to off? I tweaked the high/low brightness settings and it didn’t seem to do it. So maybe something is reversed where they are all on instead of off?

Last thing I noticed was that when stopping the animation, it stays on bright white. This might be related to the above issue. After the animation is stopped, the first time the color is set again, it doesn’t seem to do anything. It needs to be set twice for it to take.

What hardware are you using … Net3 wifi? with which RGB LED? I can order led and try out your code.

Netduino 3 with WiFi. https://www.adafruit.com/product/159 is the LED I am using. I just downloaded the Netduino.Foundation source so I am going to poke around and see if I can figure out what is going on.

It seems I misread the default value of the IsCommonCathode property…My LED is common anode, and I thought the default was false. After changing that the math was correct for the brightness (turns off when flashing now) and the colors seem more accurate. Still something going on with the blink stopping and the next color not setting. Looking into that now.

Found the animation issue and fixed it locally for me as well as created a pull request to get it fixed in the repo. The animation stopping was stomping over the SetColor() call if it happened within the animation duration time frame. There was also a possible thread leak in the animation thread.