Programming the Mini

Hello!
Okay thanks to Mark, I now have three Minis. (Yes Minis, he turned up three, and made arrangements to post them to me.) The big problem is that I believe this release of Dot-Net Micro Edition does not support it. And what’s worse, I now have only Windows 10 here. Also the original resource which was Secret Labs own Netduinio pages for the Mini are now a part of history. Does anyone know where they might be archived? I’m looking for information to facilitate setting up the parts first since I only run in TTL mode on them.

Gregg Doctor Who 8
“Eureka really means something other then ‘I have found it!’” The Doctor.

Hello!
Update: I found that the Mini still has a page up on the Sparkfun(!) site. From there I was able to use Sherman’s Wayback Machine to find the device description page and presented myself with a printout. That contains the pinout descriptions. And at the bottom of the Sparkfun page there was a good description of the easy way to get things started from the TTL functions method. Now to see if the same functions also show the original site. But what we need if possible is the restoration of the archival pages to the original company added to the current site.

The Documentation is available on GitHub should anyone want to take on this task.

If anyone does want to do this, just fork the repository and submit a pull request with any changes. Remember to maintain the style of the site.

Regards,
Mark

Hello!
I agree. Now my problem is one of trying to figure out how to tweak VS2015 and related components to communicate with both the Netduino One I have and the Netduino Minis I have here. Visual Studio 2010 certainly won’t install, since this is Windows 10, I think the ones from later period to 2015 might. I last got the N1 and the Mini (which I did install into a customer’s design.) to program via 2010 when I had a system running Windows 7SP1 running here. I’ll take up those issues in a later thread.

Doctor Who8 Gregg
“That takes me back.” I said that.

EDIT: New stuff added
Hello!
Well I’ve gone and done it. It wasn’t VS2015 who accomplished it. It was VS2013. I hadn’t looked at any of my code for the Mini crowd in years, but the Blinky idea I created back then worked after a fashion. The Mini I chose was running 4.1 in TTL mode. And, ah, I’m more used to 4.2. What is difficult to grok is that the code to deploy new firmware might not run on Windows 10. But the fact that this one works perfectly, simply means that I’ll need to work on what I had in mind for the little fellow, when I first started this thread.
New Second one from opened package chosen. Does respond to TTL input. And modified Blinky works same as with first.

Doctor Who8 Gregg
“That takes me back.!” I said that.