No driver found for Netduino

Hello!
I’ve just decided to return to developing software for the gadgetry that would need the efforts of a Netduino to run it. To that end I decided to reinstall everything as seen on the pages concerning what to install for Windows. As a pretext I also uninstalled the previously not working releases of VS which included 2017 and 2019 versions. I also uninstalled the rarely working install of 2015, and then followed those steps.
This is on Windows 10, one of those pesky Windows Insider builds. Everything found itself to properly installed, even the extension insisted it was already there. However Windows reports that there’s no driver found for the device. This is peculiar because back in February I was able to install everything then. And a driver was found. Is the WinUSB driver discussed on portion of the pages for firmware updates the same driver that was being used last time? Please advise.

Doctor Who
“That takes me back!”

Hello!
And this is strange. For reasons I’d rather not go into here, I needed to restore the OS on this laptop. And as a pretext in case it wouldn’t work, I also installed Virtual Box. Before that I installed everything needed to build code for the Netduino and then deploy to it. At first the thing could not be found, it turns out that the cable I chose, wasn’t, ah, properly configured. Instead I chose the one I used before the process was needed for this laptop. And this time it was found. VS2015 was guided to the sample batch, and it worked after a fashion. This is no longer a Windows Insider build, I plan on using one, one day, on a disposable system. Comments are requested, but help is not.

Doctor Who
“That takes me back!”

Hello!
(This was copied from a response I gave to a fellow worker regarding his efforts on a later release of VS.)
And as it happens I just tried out one of my favorite Netduino activities, one of running a logic machine that produces results from toggling the input lines to a programmed PAL16L8 devices, in this case it was made up as a HAL16L8 and branded for the (late) Atari folk for their computer efforts. It was made up as an MMU for their kludge of a series of computers. See here, Atari MMU Basically I collect and attempt to reuse such programmed parts. I also have a small collection of blanks, and the software to program them, its the programmer I do not have. A friend has offered to program them.

Doctor Who
“Doctor where are we?” asked a worried Sarah Jane Smith.