Netduino Wifi CC3100SimpleLinkException

I have a Netduino 3 Wifi and I can’t get a IP-address. In MFDeploy I have configured the device with DHCP and after start the Wifi-LED goes from yellow to green.
In my router I can see the device and his ip-address and I can ping it. But in my program I use the loop with IPAddress.GetDefaultLocalAddress() and it displays 0.0.0.0 every time. I often get an exception: Netduino.IP.LinkLayers.CC3100SimpleLinkException.
I also use the ‘Web Request’ -sample ('https://github.com/WildernessLabs/Netduino_Samples/tree/master/WebRequest) on Github with the same result.

With static ip-address my program works. But here I have also a problem with this exception: When the Wifi-connection breaks and the device can’t establish a connection to the network I get this exception. This is very annoying because I can’t catch it with try … catch and so the device goes into nirwana. After the watchdog timeout it starts at the begin.

In the web I can’t find any help to this topic. So I hope for the community!

regards

Uwe

Try a 3 second delay before using the cc3100. The delay worked for me.

Hello David,
I tried this but witout success.
This is my short program:

public static void Main()
{
Thread.Sleep(4000);
while (IPAddress.GetDefaultLocalAddress() == IPAddress.Any)
{
Debug.Print("Sleep while obtaining an IP: " + IPAddress.GetDefaultLocalAddress());
Thread.Sleep(1000);
};
Debug.Print(“IP-Adr=” + IPAddress.GetDefaultLocalAddress());
Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);
}

In the debug-windows I see this (in german):

Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) des Typs “Netduino.IP.LinkLayers.CC3100SimpleLinkException” ist in Netduino.IP.LinkLayers.CC3100 aufgetreten.
Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) des Typs “Netduino.IP.LinkLayers.CC3100SimpleLinkException” ist in Netduino.IP.LinkLayers.CC3100 aufgetreten.
Sleep while obtaining an IP: 0.0.0.0

I use .NETMF 4.3 and the newest update of the board: Netduino3Wifi_4_3_2_2

regards

Uwe

Good Morning,

I just looked at my notes from an application that works.

1. Need at least a three second delay

2. Required a reference to NetduinoExtentions.dll (and standard Netduino references)

3. To check the IP Address in VB use this:

Dim IPAddress As String = Microsoft.SPOT.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()(0).IPAddress.ToString()

Debug.Print(IPAddress)

Hello David,
thank you but I have no success: IPAddress is 0.0.0.0

perhaps this helps:

On _ipAddress ist a number but IPAddress is 0.0.0.0 and Gatewayaddress brings an exception. Perhaps a problem with the router? But there a some devices connected and they work fine.