Meadow Netstandard2.0 Support?

Hello,

I received my backer kit and have been playing around with blinking LEDs, but now it is time to take it to the next level (at least so I thought). Excitedly, I added an existing NETStandard2.0 library that I have been working on which works with .NET Core, disappointedly, I get this error:

[0x4:] EXCEPTION handling: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51’ or one of its dependencies.

My .csproj file

<Project Sdk=“Microsoft.NET.Sdk”>
<PropertyGroup>
<TargetFrameworks>netstandard2.0</TargetFrameworks>
</PropertyGroup>
<ItemGroup>
<PackageReference Include=“System.Buffers” Version=“4.5.0” />
<PackageReference Include=“System.Memory” Version=“4.5.3” />
<PackageReference Include=“System.Numerics.Vectors” Version=“4.5.0” />
</ItemGroup>
<ItemGroup>
<ProjectReference Include="…\Lynk.Devices.Shared\Lynk.Devices.Shared.csproj" />
</ItemGroup>
</Project>

Questions

1. Are netstandard2.0 libraries currently supported?
  2. Are there any plans on improving the overall startup time, IMO 30s is currently too long?

Thanks

At the moment the application template generates a .NET472 application, .NET Standard is on it’s way.

There is currently a piece of work ongoing to improve overall performance.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

Thanks for this information. I am hoping to we get to see Meadow’s fullest potential soon.

@Nevyn Is this something you could use some help with? I am a .Net developer and have been working with .Net Core and Standard since v1, and most of my applications I maintain professionally are in Core 2.1.

Would love to help expidite this to my prefered platform :slight_smile:

it seems that this has not been updated as I am getting the same error:
Deploying to Meadow …
Initializing Meadow
Error: Could not find file “/Users/objectthink/Projects/first_meadow/first_meadow/bin/Debug/net472/netstandard.dll”

is there something I can do to add .net standard support?

steve