Meadow extensions for VS2022

I have installed VS2022 on the machine that I have been doing all of my meadow development to date. I then installed the VS2022 Meadow Extensions and restarted VS2022. VS starts OK, but when I select a solution that I had been working on in VS2019, I get a cascade of error dialogs, all saying that a package did not load correctly, and that the problem may have been caused by a configuration change or by installation of another extension. Then there is a reference to “ActivityLog.xml” which lists dozens of errors.

My reason for moving to VS2022 is that the latest version of the meadow OS seems to require .NET6.0, and VS2019 does not support .NET6.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any help would be appreciated.

Woody

A week after making the last post, I tried loading a meadow project in VS2022, and everything worked! I would love to know what changed, but given the number of moving parts, I don’t expect to ever find out.

Cheers, and thanks to the Meadow team.

Woody

Hi @wlathbury Can you tell me which extension version you had installed when the cascade dialogs appeared?
Also if you still have the ActivityLog.xml, I’d be interested in taking a look.

D.

Dominique, I am currently running 0.19.2, but I can’t guarantee that it is the version that caused VS to throw up. I have been installing and uninstalling and repairing quite a bit over the last week trying to get to a stable environment, which I seem to have done.

As far as the ActivityLog.xml, that doesn’t seem to exist on my hard drive any longer. I assume that it went away with one of my uninstalls. It used to be at C:\Users\wlath\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\17.0_9e17bfd1 but what is there now is ActivityLog.Setup.xml, which shows no errors.

Sorry that I can’t be more helpful,
Woody

@wlathbury Np. If you hit any other extension/meadow issues could you please post in to our support channel over on wildernesslabspublic.slack.com for a quicker response time from one of the team.