Meadow cli issue on macOS Monterey / Apple Silicon

I have 2 Meadow F7v1 boards that I am unable to connect to properly from macOS Monterey (12.6) running on an M1 Mac.

If I run meadow list ports I get back /dev/tty.usbmodem346A386535361
I set this port by running meadow use port /dev/tty.usbmodem346A386535361

If I try and get the device info I get

❯ meadow device info
Connecting to Meadow on /dev/tty.usbmodem346A386535361
Unable to find Meadow.

If I set the F7 to DFU mode and run meadow flash os this starts to work but ultimately errors with

ERROR
Meadow.CLI.Core.Exceptions.DeviceNotFoundException: Could not find a connected Meadow with the serial number

I have managed to try this on an older intel Mac running macOS Catalina (10.15) and everything works as expected.
Both systems have the latest .NET 6 SDK installed and dfu-util v0.11, so this would appear to be some specific issue related to either the OS or the CPU Architecture.

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix?

@jack We have an internal build working on M1/2 and hope to get it out by RC2.

@Dominique.Louis
I see the docs now mention that x86/Rosetta is required (for now) too :+1:.

(I did think I was going crazy for a moment, but I had an old tab open with the previous version of the docs :sweat_smile:)

Any word on the M1 mac version? I am using the latest VS 2022 17.4 and have not been able to get anything to work with the new Meadow F7 I just bought. It shows up in devices, but doesn’t connect with any of the meadow commands.

Hi We’ve had some issues with M1 Mac compatibility. Could you make sure:

1. you are on latest Vs for Mac, which is 17.4.1 (build 28)
  2. Uninstall the extension you currently have.
  3. Download the the VS2022 artefact found here (scroll to the bottom) - Merge pull request #98 from WildernessLabs/dominique-AddEofToOutputPane · WildernessLabs/VS_Win_Meadow_Extension@105854a · GitHub
  4. Unzip and install the extension from step 3.

Let us know if that now works for you.

Dominique.