Making new classes stops the debugging exit with code 0 (0x0)

Hello folks :slight_smile:
I just started on Netduino development, but have been working with .net for a couple of years now.

Somehow when I create a new class and just debug without even making a new instance of the class I get :

The program ‘[0] Micro Framework application: Managed’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Even with a simple application that does nothing I get the same error.

DeviceInfo:
HAL build info: 4.3.1.0, Netduino 3 Wi-Fi (v4.3.2.2) by Secret Labs LLC
OEM Product codes (vendor, model, SKU): 34, 177, 4105
Solution Build Info: 4.3.2.2, Netduino 3 Wi-Fi (v4.3.2.2) by Secret Labs LLC
AppDomains:
default, id=1

Am I just being a total newbe or is there something wrong here.? :slight_smile:

Just me being dummy :slight_smile:

http://forums.netduino.com/index.php?/topic/12096-vs2015-teething-troubles-and-some-solutions/
No:3 helped me out here for some reason the enum DebuggerBrowsableState in System.Diagnostics was missing so by adding it manual helped.

I made a note about the DebuggerBrowsableState thing in our troubleshooting todo: https://github.com/WildernessLabs/Documentation/issues/61

1 Like

That was my post and I’m glad it helped you. I have been putting off moving to VS2017 until I see it’s possible. Sooner or later I’ll have a bash at it and post any lessons learned (unless there is one already)

Cheers
Jason

1 Like

I´m glad that I found your post, had me stuck for a while.
can´t wait for a VS2017 extension :smiley:

I have been using VS2017 and NETMF 4.4 for some time now and it works without issue.

That’s great news Justin, thanks for the info.
I have been putting off moving everything to VS2017 because of the Netduino work requiring VS2015. I’ll clone a VM and see if my Netduino 2+ still works under the latest and greatest.

I know we are slightly off topic but still on a related theme.

So I’ve had a look and there is no definitive method that I can find, only issues such as link

Justin, are you able to share the steps you used to get it going?

Cheers
Jason

You need to update and compile the relevant NETMF SDK which will create the necessary VSIX file for VS2017.

Currently i have only bothered with NETMF 4.4 so you would need to create a 4.4 firmware as well. Compiling 4.4 firmware for any of the STM based Netduino’s should be a relatively easy task.

Justin where/how did you manage to get 4.4 firmware
so far I´m trying to follow along in all these posts in this issue, just to get a working extension for visual studio 2017

I am able to Build for 4.4 in Vs2015 just have no idea on how to get a firmware that match 4.4

I build a lot of projects with STM’s and NETMF so create my own firmware.

You can get a working VSIX for 4.4 from here http://www.ingenuitymicro.com/products/electron/

Thanks for that :slight_smile:
Do you have any quick walkthrough to make/get a working 4.4 firmware for Netduino 3 Wifi?

I dont have anything to hand sorry.

To get a working 4.4 on a Netduino 3 you need to make a copy of the STM32F4Disco port in the 4.4 repro then tweak a few files. You can possibly just change the main xtal speed from 8mhz to 25mhz in platform_selector.h compile and then run on the N3.

To finish the job properly you will need to copy the N3 specific includes into your 4.4 port and update the tinybooter and tinyclr projects.

For someone who has done it before it’s probably a days work.

1 Like

I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I would appreciate any updates posted whenever you have anything so thanks in advance. I’m up to my neck in a project at the moment but want to move over ot 2017 and 4.4 in the next few months.

Cheers
Jason