Looking for a LTE shield

Hi,
There were some GPRS shields that were working with the Netduino (like the SeeedStudio), but they are discontinued now…
Does anyone now if Botletics SIM7000 LTE CAT-M1 NB-IoT Cellular GNSS would work with Netduino2+?
Or any other one?
I am particularly interested in the NB-IoT versions.

Thanks in advance.

Looking at the schematic it appears that you should be able to use this if you adjust the logic level used on the board. There is a note on the schematic stating that board used 5V logic. To use the 3.3V logic it looks like you will need to do the following:

• Cut the trace at JP4 to disconnect the 5V signal to TXB0104
  • Short the solder bridge connecting J7 to TXB0104
  • Connect 3.3V to pin 2 of J7

I’m not sure if the temperature sensor would work as the suggestion is that the sensor is using Vcc set to 5V.

You will then need to write the drivers for the chip although I think the Netduino.Foundation NMEA Decoder should work.

Without a board I can’t confirm for certain that it will work but looking at the web site there is a good chance the board can be made to work.

Regards,
Mark

Wow, that was fast!
Thanks Mark!

This board is a little of overhead, as I (currently :slight_smile:) don’t need the GPS and temperature sensor only the NB-IoT connection, but I couldn’t find another shield with it on sale. Every other one I checked was out of stock discontinued and then I stumbled on this one.

I will go for this one, although it’s a bit of expensive, if I don’t find a simpler one.

Regards,
Igor

Forgot to mention, you will have to bridge one of the COM ports to digital IO 10 & 11 as that is where the shield is expecting serial comms.

Regards,
Mark

It looks like I will have to wire it externally and not like a direct plugin to the netduino.
Not really what I was looking for but if that’s the only option…
Thanks Mark.

Regards,
Igor

Here at LooUQ we are evaluating the interest and effort to support the Meadow with our LTEm1 IoT modem, which is NB-IOT capable but not yet NB-IOT certified here in the US.

Hi,

As I have ordered a Meadow, it’s nice to know there would be a NB-IoT modem for it.
Will it be EU certified also?

Currently US only (Verizon certified). No immediate plans for EU, but not ruling that out. What EU carrier, certification in US is with the carrier?

We use the Quectel BG96 module.

Best,
Greg

My EU carrier is T-Mobile, and I believe they are in the USA also.

Best,
Igor

There are many LTE sheilds that you can use for example Arduino MKR 1400 GSM or Pycom GPy or even Botletics SIM7000 Arduino Shield etc. I will suggest you to go for the Arduino MKR 1400 GSM as it is the best sheild among them. Make sure that it won’t get ERROR CODE 0XC0000428 as I have faced that.