Libhostpolicy.dylib missing

I am trying to play my app. It seems to build fine, but when I hit the play button I get this error:

You may only use the Microsoft .NET Core Debugger (vsdbg) with
Visual Studio Code, Visual Studio or Visual Studio for Mac software
to help you develop and test your applications.

A fatal error was encountered. The library ‘libhostpolicy.dylib’ required to execute the application was not found in ‘/Users/tpitman/Projects/Meadow/HelloWorld/HelloWorld/bin/Debug/netstandard2.1/’.

• The application was run as a self-contained app because ‘/Users/tpitman/Projects/Meadow/HelloWorld/HelloWorld/bin/Debug/netstandard2.1/App.runtimeconfig.json’ was not found.
  • If this should be a framework-dependent app, add the ‘/Users/tpitman/Projects/Meadow/HelloWorld/HelloWorld/bin/Debug/netstandard2.1/App.runtimeconfig.json’ file and specify the appropriate framework.
    Failed to run as a self-contained app.
    The program ‘[14012] dotnet’ has exited with code 131 (0x83).
    The target process exited without raising a CoreCLR started event. Ensure that the target process is configured to use .NET Core. This may be expected if the target process did not run on .NET Core.

I am running on an M1 Mac. I installed the 0.97.0-alpha per the instructions in order to get the device to show up. It does show up and I was able to flash the OS and mono onto the board.