I almost thought I had it fixed, but it gets coming back as a bad penny! I’ve reflashed the board, I’ve uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it. I’ve managed to run the hello world program with the attached led, from the netduino.foundation pages. It seems I finally succeeded getting my Netduino working again. I created a project, ran the “Build” function and ran the “Deploy” function. No debugging involved. A working program deployed to my Netduino.
But then I had to test writing on the SD card, so I looked at the SDCardIO program. I carefully deleted each debug call from the code. Then I did Build and Deploy. And the #¤%& debugger engine gets attached again! To no use! “…cannot attach debugger engine!”
Well, the engine is obviously totally busted and corrupted! But what should I do to get rid of it alltogether? Where is it? What is it? Is it a dll file somewhere, which can be deleted? At the moment I really don’t care very much of having it repaired, I’d rather have it removed like a cancer. I already saw the hello world program beautifully work without anything debugger related. Right now I know I’m back in the “cannot attach” swamp, having to wipe, uninstall, reflash, whatnot, to get it running again.
Ok, so I used NetduinoDeploy.WPF.exe once again to install the firmware again. And I managed after that to deploy the NetduinoApplicationBLINK project. It worked. And I also learned that the debugger indeed was attached successfully. This is an engine meant for the deployment process, not for debugging, right? Lesson learned.
Then I did the following. I detached the Netduino from my computer. Then I reattached the Netduino. Then I did the deploy project thing. And now: “… cannot attach debugger engine!”
There’s no way for me to deploy a program more than one time, after re-installing the firmware.
I’d like to hear people’s comment on this, especially from Wilderness staff. But also from other users. I know some of you have had similar problems.
Right now I think my board works ok. I can deploy new versions of my program and it receives them nicely and starts them. I still don’t know the fundamental reason for the problem, but it has something to do with my program causing a crash, which means the Netduino can’t receive a new program.