GoBus / GoPort Cables?

If the process above doesn’t work you should be able to return the board to it’s previous state following Chris Walker’s instruction from a previous post.

To manually flash firmware using ST DFUSE tools, grab the latest copy of ST’s DFUSE tools from the download link at the bottom of the following page:
http://www.st.com/we...SS1533/PF257916

To erase your board’s firmware (do this first):

1. Detach your Netduino
  2. Press and hold your Netduino’s pushbutton while plugging it in via USB; this will put it in bootloader mode.
  3. Erase the firmware on your Netduino using the STDFU Tester application

a. Select the “Protocol” tab
b. Press the “Create from Map” button
c. Select the “Erase” radio button option
d. Press the “Go” button
e. Wait for erase process to complete

To create the DFU files which you will program onto your Netduino:

1. Run “DFU File Manager” (from the ST DFU tools)
  2. Select “I want to GENERATE a DFU file” and press OK.
  3. Click “S19 or HEX…” and then select one of the firmware files in Netduino Update’s respective Firmware folder.
  4. Click the “generate” button to generate a DFU file which contains the S19 (HEX) file you picked in step 3.
  5. Click “delete selected image”.
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 for the other two firmware files.

Finally, flash each of the .DFU files using the ST DfuSe Demonstrator application (included with STDFU Tester).

1. Run “ST DfuSe Demonstrator”
  2. Locate the “Upgrade or Verify Action” pane (bottom-right pane)
  3. Press “Choose…” and select one of the generated DFU files
  4. Check the “Verify after download” option
  5. Press “Upgrade”. It will take a few moments to update your Netduino.
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 for the other two firmware files.

I don’t want to flash to a N2 or N+2, I am using a N3 which do not even use the same chip. If anything the pin maps to the GoSockets are not on the N2 Firmware. I have not put any new firmware on the board, although I do plan on on updating to 4.4 at some point. I plan on digging deeper into this over the weekend… After I can build the firmware, no sense in altering the firmware if I can’t compile it. Thank you for the the posting, I will be sure to add that to my firmware post for oopsies.

-IdleGoose

I don’t know how much mapping is done in the firmware or in the hardware provider? I was able to use the hardware provider files and the firmware even though the boards use different processors. The Netduino 2 uses the Cortex M3 and the Netduino 2 plus uses the Cortex M4. I guess in a perfect world you could use the Netduino 2 firmware and the Netduino 3 hardware provider assembly ???

If you see any code that does not require the Secret Labs Netduino IO Assembly I would like to use it with your 4.4 update when done.