Canbus roadmap?

Looks like this hasn’t been asked in awhile. Any ETA on when the onchip Canbus will be implemented?

1 Like

I wanted to do some car-hacking, but most of the tools are Linux based and I don’t want to invest time with them.
It would be great if there were .Net libraries and CANBus support on the Meadow.

I’m also waiting for CAN bus support. That was the main reason for buying this one.

Originally the documentation said it was planned for around beta 3 or 4 if I remember correctly. Now all the documentation referring to CAN bus has gone awol. What happened?

From the slack: “so… CAN; I suspect we’re looking at Octoberish timeframe. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Please provide some status on this. I have 2 original kickstarter Meadow boards that I want to use in a custom CAN bus system. Hopefully there will be plenty of documentation to get started as well. Thank you!

1 Like

Bump on this question. Roadmap says Canbus could be in v1.0 or shortly after.

Gotta say I’m feeling pretty bait and switched right now. As one of the original kickstarter backers… and the combination .Net and CANbus are the only reasons I backed the project in the first place. It’s now almost 6 years on, and still no CANbus support. from the comments above, I think I’m not the only one.

CAN support has, indeed, been slow in coming. There are a lot of reasons for that, from technical, to resources, to business decisions. I can, however, say that I’ve started work on it and it’s now on the short-term roadmap. Initial implementation will use an off-board transceiver (MCP2515) but the API will be the same when the on-board pins are hooked enabled.