Can i please have some help!?

Dear WL,

I posted a topic back in November last year on here, explaining I get an error in VS 2019 pro. when attempting to deploy to my F7v2 meadow.

The error is as follows:

Expected 1 export(s) with contract name “Clide.IServiceLocatorProvider” but found 0 after applying applicable constraints.

I’ve since contacted you several times, and this is my second forum post, but as of yet I have had no reply or help!?

May I also add that sometimes the deploy takes ages, like a few minutes, after which there is no guarantee the app. will run, or VS may crash.

This is not good.

Can I PLEASE have some help?
Or at least give me my money back,= because thus far I’ve not been able to do anything with this board except flash an LED once when I first got it.

NOTE: I’ve updated VS to latest version and also run a repair. No luck.

Thanks

Regards,
Darren

Hi Darren,

So sorry we haven’t been got back to you for support in a while. Couple of quick questions: which beta version were you able to run an application successfully?

I also just released a detailed blog post to how to update a Meadow board to our latest release that went live this week. Please give that a try following along and do message again for some help if you hit any blockers.

B6.2 is live with new Meadow.OS improvements and M.F. drivers

If you havent, I suggest you join our Slack server where we have lots of folks willing to help and/or answer any questions.

Best,
Jorge

Hello Jorge,

Sorry, I don’t know what version of BETA it was. I received the Meadow back in November last year - you might have a record of it?

Why can’t you help, rather than point me to yet another link?

There’s a few folk on here with the same problem.

Thanks
Darren

Hi Darren,

Sure, I can help. What is the error you’re getting?

Thanks,
Jorge

Hi Jorge,

I mentioned the error in the first post (above), but I’ll repeat:

When I attempt to deploy to my F7v2 meadow, I see the following Windows error message after several seconds:

[Expected 1 export(s) with contract name “Clide.IServiceLocatorProvider” but found 0 after applying applicable constraints]

The app. still appears to run, but I cannot set breakpoints / debug.

A few other users have reported the same error message.

As far as I know, I’ve updated Visual Studio (2019 pro) & the Meadow itself with all the latest firmware, etc.

Thanks
Darren

Hi Darren,

Looks like the problem is with Visual Studio:

Looking for similar errors, these other forum threads are showing the same error.

1. Accessing Android tools results in several package did not load correctly messages - Visual Studio Feedback
  2. Visual Studio 2022 Preview 5 Impossible to open Android SDK Manager - Visual Studio Feedback

The solution seems to be included in the latest version of Visual Studio. Debugging on b6.0.1 is rough around the edges, so we recommend deploying the app (right-click the Meadow App → Deploy) to work faster and try debugging only when necessary. I know its not a great solution, but we’re doing our best to improve the dev experience as we get closer to v1.0

We’re close to releasing an update to the VS Extension (version 0.19.0) later this week which makes debugging a lot more reliable.

Thanks,
Jorge

Hello Jorge,

Fortunately I’ve been able to install VS 2022 Pro - which seems to work, along with debugging.

However, this doesn’t excuse the fact that it doesn’t work in VS 2019 (which is completely up-to-date, by the way).

Thanks
Darren

Hi Darren,

Good news it works on VS2022. I’ll try out VS2019 on another machine I have see if I can repro the issue, and I’ll get back to you.

Thanks,
Jorge