Bluetooth Client

Is there not a way to talk TO an existing bluetooth LE device from the device? Just like on my phone I can connect to a BLE device and get readings from a sensor, I’d like to be able to do the same from the meadow device.

I only see documentation and posts about creating your own device (server).

Roy

Server is supported and client is on the roadmap for a future release.

Regards,
Mark

OK… Back to the Pi I guess… One of these days I will be able to use these devices for a project… :slight_smile:

I just have to say... I have been supportive of the Meadow project in purchasing devices and stuff (dev kits, weather. station, boards, ect). But its been in "beta" for a pretty long time. And basic support like the Bluetooth Client is not even planned until AFTER 1.0 is released. the track record shows that it's going to be a few more years before we get to a device and framework that is "production ready".

Your not the only ones … the nanoFramework project is not much better. So we are left with .NET Core on the Pi (Pi Zero W 2). And Microsoft abandoning Windows IoT on the Pi didn’t help either. You get invested (time and $$) into these things and they seem to go nowhere.

I know the team is working hard, it’s just aggravating some times that every project I try to use an IoT stack, I hit brick walls.

@mark.stevens Hello, first off, thank you for all your efforts. The idea of using .Net CLR on an STM32->ESP32 chipset is brilliant! I also feel the sentiments of the responses in this forum. Specifically regarding the Notify GattCharacterstics for BLE server, as well as having to write a client/server on a separate ESP32 chip board , and wiring up SPI comms, when there’s already an ESP32 chip on the CoreCompute, I’m in product development, and use many boards for rapid prototyping, and honestly wish Meadow was my “GoTo” platform. With all that winded setup, my point is this; how can I assist with getting the BLE stack roadmap moving forward? I’m unable to find the Meadowe.OS repo, or the source for the Gateways namespace. Please let me know, and thank you again.