BLE Shield Adafruit

Has anyone done any work with BLE? I picked up the Adafruit BLE Shield, but I’m not having any luck. I’m planning on utilizing the UART profile, which seems to be default, but I’m not getting anywhere.
I’m getting SPI communication, but I’m not receiving the responses that I’d expect. Any help would be appreciated.

Could you post a link to the actual product please.

Regards,
Mark

Sure!

I understand that I’m going to have to use their SDEP protocol, which is SPI based. It requires the writing of 4byte headers and optionally up to 16bytes of data. The module should reply with a 4 byte header and then possibly more data, but I’m only getting nonsensical data back. I’ve just gotten a logic analyzer, it is somewhat low spec and I’m fighting it a bit, so I’m having difficulty seeing all the SPI traces at once. I occasionally get the error message back, but the bytes following don’t seem to make any sense. I don’t think it is my SPI config. Sampling on falling edge, with SCK active on CS low, though I’m using a 1ms setup delay, given the documentation requires a 100us delay.