Netduino 3 Wifi not seen

Hello and back and started looking back where I left off. However I am seeing an issue where the Netdunio is not seen on Windows via VS2015 and support tools. However If I move everything to my Mac Mini then VS and all Mac support tools.

So to be clear when connecting the Netdunio and holding the reset button ONLY the Mac sees the Netdunio. Looking at the Projects Framework tab the USB device is always none.

Does anyone know why it is not available?

When you hold the reset button down and connected power to the Netduino then the board enters DfU mode. In this mode the firmware can be updated. In this mode the Windows PC should see the board as an STM device - you can check Device Manager to verify this. In this mode VS will not see the board as a Netduino.

Regards,
Mark

I do not remember looking when I first got my N3Wifi but this looks odd.

Says driver not installed … so odd since this was all working and just shut everything down and went away 2 weeks.

^ reboots and even shutting laptop down still nothing.

That is odd, I would try reinstalling the driver.

If that does not work then uninstalling and reinstalling the driver may help.

Regards,
Mark

Well I had to uninstall and install twice but the Netdunio driver is OK now and VS2015 is seeing the device.

Thanks again…

1 Like

Windows 10 Creators update? Messed up a few things for me but all recoverable.

I’m having same problem. Which driver are you using. I think my Windows 10 uses a default driver. Does a specific Netduino 3 driver exists?

Same problem here, too. At the moment the Netduino 3 doesn’t show up in VB2015. And it doesn’t show up in NetduinoUpdate. Windows Device Manager does see it, both when it’s connected normally, and when connected with the button pressed (having different names). This situation is after I’ve messed around trying to follow every device I’ve found on the Wilderness site about upgrading firmware.
So I believe I’d need some complete reset of the board, a hard reset, a total reflash of the original stuff no matter in what messed state the board is right now.

Ok, I’m back on track. VS2015 sees the Netduino 3 and I can get the simplest sample to work.

Good to hear.

What did you do to get going again? Just thinking that others may find your solution helpful if they end up in the same situation.

Regards,
Mark

Mark

I was thinking, I do not see a Troubleshooting FAQ. It might be good to create one and as this project continues - we can add detailed fixes and workarounds and might be a quick help resource. I have not helped in a project before but would be willing to spend some time with a FAQ.

1 Like

Brad,

We would love for you to help. There is some Troubleshooting documentation available and as will all things I’m sure we can add more stuff to it and make it better. It would be fantastic if you would be willing to contribute.

Perhaps the easiest way to get started is to clone the documentation from Github make some additions / improvements and submit pull requests.

Regards,
Mark

I wish I remembered each step that lead to success and each step that didn’t. It was about deleting the Netduino from Windows device manager and having Netduino being re-installed, not just reinstalling the driver inside the device manager, which only told the latest driver is installed. It was about running the netduinosdk_v5.exe. It was about using zadig-2.4.

Mark

I got home tonight and looked at my Device Manger again and instead of seeing Netduino 3 wifi listed - I see just the name as Netduino. I uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed many many times!!! The result is ALWAYS the same - just a Netduino.

Does this mean my Netduino is bad? Since I get exceptions?

The N3W does identify itself in Device Manager as Netduino.

I’m hopefully going to get some time later to have a look at the network interface issue you are having.

Regards,
Mark

@Nevyn I am also facing same issue .
I am using VS2015, windows 8 OS

That’s OK - it’s what I see on my machine and I can work with the WiFi board OK with Visual Studio 2015.

Is the board appearing is VS ?

Regards,
Mark

here is screenshot of window in visual studio
for usb

for TCP/IP it is showing none

That’s as expected. Looks like you are good to go and start coding.

Regards,
Mark

Ok, Thanks @Nevyn I am just working to connect netduino 3 wifi to my wifi network. Will let you know if any further help needed.