Having trouble with the .Netmicro Framework

Ok I’ve tried everything to find and install the .Net micro framework in Visual studio package manager cant find it and I’ve managed to download it and install it in my computer but it will not show up in either visual studio 2017 or 2015 and helpful tips would be greatly appreciated

VS 2017 is not supported at the moment - it is being worked on.

It is essential that the Netduino and SDK components are installed in the right order.

Have a look at this guide from the Windows installation documentation and let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks for the Reply Nevin …I actually got that part figured out …but now I am into uncharted territory …I need to read 5 different I2C Sensors … and output it via an LCD I2C screen and out via MQTT …any advise would be great on how to add that many in #C I know how in C++ But not in this code …

I am looking at one of the I2C examples and it looks fairly straight forward except some of my sensors aren’t listed in your examples …So how do you add another I2C Device…Just declare it like the first one and carry the read code down like the first one??

CCS811
The CCS811 is an ultra-low power digital gas sensor solution which integrates a metal oxide (MOX) gas sensor to detect a wide range of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) for indoor air quality monitoring with a microcontroller unit (MCU), which includes an Analog-to-Digital converter (ADC), and an I²C interface. CCS811 is based on ams unique micro-hotplate technology which enables a highly reliable solution for gas sensors, very fast cycle times and a significant reduction in average power consumption. The integrated MCU manages the sensor driver modes and measurements. The I²C digital interface significantly simplifies the hardware and software design, enabling a faster time to market. CCS811 supports intelligent algorithms to process raw sensor measurements to output a TVOC value or equivalent CO2 (eCO2) levels, where the main cause of VOCs is from humans. CCS811 supports multiple measurement modes that have been optimized for low-power consumption during an active sensor measurement and idle mode extending battery life in portable applications. CCS811 is available in a 10 lead 2.7mm x 4.0mm x 1.1mm, 0.6mm pitch LGA package.
DS18B20
https://www.mouser.mx/datasheet/2/256/DS18B20-370043.pdf
The DS18B20 digital thermometer provides 9-bit to 12-bit Celsius temperature measurements and has an alarm function with nonvolatile user-programmable upper and lower trigger points. The DS18B20 communicates over a 1-Wire bus that by definition requires only one data line (and ground) for communication with a central microprocessor. In addition, the DS18B20 can derive power directly from the data line (“parasite power”), eliminating the need for an external power supply. Each DS18B20 has a unique 64-bit serial code, which allows multiple DS18B20s to function on the same 1-Wire bus. Thus, it is simple to use one microprocessor to control many DS18B20s distributed over a large area. Applications that can benefit from this feature include HVAC environmental controls, temperature monitoring systems inside buildings, equipment, or machinery, and process monitoring and control systems.
Si7021 I2C
https://www.mouser.mx/datasheet/2/368/Si7021-A20-707879.pdf
The Si7021 I2C Humidity and Temperature Sensor is a monolithic CMOS IC integrating humidity and temperature sensor elements, an analog-to-digital converter, signal processing, calibration data, and an I2C Interface. The patented use of industry-standard, low-K polymeric dielectrics for sensing humidity enables the construction of low-power, monolithic CMOS Sensor ICs with low drift and hysteresis, and excellent long term stability. The humidity and temperature sensors are factory-calibrated and the calibration data is stored in the on-chip non-volatile memory. This ensures that the sensors are fully interchangeable, with no recalibration or software changes required. The Si7021 is available in a 3x3 mm DFN package and is reflow solderable. It can be used as a hardware- and software-compatible drop-in upgrade for existing RH/ temperature sensors in 3x3 mm DFN-6 packages, featuring precision sensing over a wider range and lower power consumption. The optional factory-installed cover offers a low profile, convenient means of protecting the sensor during assembly (e.g., reflow soldering) and throughout the life of the product, excluding liquids (hydrophobic/oleophobic) and particulates. The Si7021 offers an accurate, low-power, factory-calibrated digital solution ideal for measuring humidity, dew-point, and temperature, in applications ranging from HVAC/R and asset tracking to industrial and consumer platforms.
LTC®2945
The LTC®2945 is a rail-to-rail system monitor that measures current, voltage, and power. It features an operating range of 2.7V to 80V and includes a shunt regulator for supplies above 80V to allow flexibility in the selection of input supply. The current measurement range of 0V to 80V is independent of the input supply. An onboard 0.75% accurate 12-bit ADC measures load current, input voltage and an auxiliary external voltage. A 24-bit power value is generated by digitally multiplying the measured 12-bit load current and input voltage data. Minimum and maximum values are stored and an overrange alert with programmable thresholds minimizes the need for software polling. Data is reported via a standard I2C interface. Shutdown mode reduces power consumption to 20µA. The LTC2945 I2C interface includes separate data input and output pins for use with standard or opto-isolated I2C connections. The LTC2945-1 has an inverted data output for use with inverting opto-isolator configurations.
MPL3115A2
The MPL3115A2 is a compact, piezoresistive, absolute pressure sensor with an I2C digital interface. MPL3115A2 has a wide operating range of 20 kPa to 110 kPa, a range that covers all surface elevations on earth. The MEMS is temperature compensated utilizing an on-chip temperature sensor. The pressure and temperature data is fed into a high resolution ADC to provide fully compensated and digitized outputs for pressure in Pascals and temperature in °C. The compensated pressure output can then be converted to altitude, utilizing the formula stated in Section 9.1.3 “Pressure/altitude” provided in meters.The internal processing in MPL3115A2 removes compensation and unit conversion load from the system MCU, simplifying system design. MPL3115A2’s advanced ASIC has multiple user programmable modes such as power saving, interrupt and autonomous data acquisition modes, including programmed acquisition cycle timing, and poll-only modes. Typical active supply current is 40 μA per measurement-second for a stable 10 cm output resolution.

As a starting point I would check out the Developer site as this has information on general electronics as well as I2C and how this works with NETMF and the Netduino.

If this still leaves you with questions then please feel free to post them in the Community.

Regarding multiple I2C devices, I would have a look at the I2CBus class in Netduino.Foundation. You can see how this has been implemented and maybe even use this class in your own implementations.

Regards,
Mark

If possible can I post the Arduino Code for one of these devices and can someone just draw up a working example …That would be great

Have you checked out Netduino.Foundation ? Two of the sensors you have mentioned are already implemented in the library.

The DS18B20 is one that is high on my list to have a look at.

Regards,
Mark

is

This is what I’m working on

1 Like