Blinky problem, the device is seen/not seen by VS2013

Hello!
(Anything that has a square brackets around it indicates it is a footnote guide.]
An interesting problem here. My N3 with Ethernet arrived yesterday. And I’ve got it temporarily mounted on a Sparkfun inventors kit board originally intended for an Arduino Uno or a Netduino 1. And the USB connection seems to work, that is the board lights up and it then presents itself to VS2013 to receive its first program.
I chose Blinky since that’s how I got started with the N1 and VS2010 in those days. However I’m getting this output from the IDE:[1} To be honest I’m at a loss here. I even tried connecting power to it, and an Ethernet cable to it, first to my router, and then to my computer directly. Nothing. Do I need to do anything else here? I’m at my proverbial wit’s end and even looking for that sign that comes from the game Adventure, that most of us have played by now.

Gregg
“Come Watson the game is afoot!” supposedly said by Sherlock Holmes.

[1] Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 8059bac, end 8083e98

Assembly: mscorlib (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: System (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: System.Net.Security (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: System.IO (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Netduino.IP (1.0.1.0)

Assembly: Netduino.IP.Interop (1.0.0.0)

Assembly: Netduino.IP.LinkLayers.AX88796C (1.0.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: GoBus (1.5.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.3.1.0)

Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Resolving.

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.
Ready.

Cannot find any entrypoint!

Done.

Waiting for debug commands…

‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Native.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\System.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\System.Net.Security.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\System.IO.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘Netduino.IP.Interop’
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘Netduino.IP’
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘Netduino.IP.LinkLayers.AX88796C’
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\GoBus.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.12.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire.dll’, Symbols loaded.
The program ‘[6] Micro Framework application: Managed’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Hello!
I find replying to myself to be an interesting side issue of, well my personality. That being said while waiting for replies I found the solution exactly where I expected it, inside the troubleshooting portion of the development end of the site. I needed to make sure the properties things were set to enable deployment. SHEESH!

One definite side benefit to the new Netduino site is that the pages are richer and contain gigatons of detail whereas the original site was limited to mere kilotons of detail.
Now I need to see if that was the same problem on VS2012. On that issue alone I’ll create a completely new thread if need be.

Gregg
“They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes.”
Princess Leia of Alderaan Senator.

1 Like