Next projects (examples) for newbees

Hello guys!

I recently bought a meadow board and I am now very interested in following Applications.

Bluetooth App for remote control
433Mhz receiver emitter project
2mp camera project ( ArducamMini )
Lipo support.

Thank you for your answers how to realise such projects with meadow.

You do a great job!

Hi Pulpago,

Glad that you recently got a Meadow and I hope the onboarding process (flashing the board to the latest Meadow.OS version) went smoothly.

Have you tested any projects so far? We have a ton available on Hackster.

On the applications you mentioned, I have just completed a project where you can control a small rover with a Xamarin.Forms app using Plugin.BLE, though I’m still working on the documentation to publish it on Hackster. It would be the part 2 of the existing project I released a while back.

For 433Mh receiver-emitter we have a driver for the nrf24l01 that its a WIP, we havent got that working fully atm.

For Arducam, we have a working sample in the Meadow.Foundation repo, you could give that a try.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Meadow application currently run on Interpret mode, so the performance is not optimal until we reach AOT compilations.

Hope I answer all your questions and give you enough material to look over. Also feel free to join our public slack channels, where we have a nice community willing and able to answer any questions regardless of skill level.

Cheers,
Jorge

Hello Jorge,

thank you for your answer.

I managed the boot process, and now can run programs on the meadow board. Mainly this link is the way to go.
Getting Started w/ Meadow by Controlling the Onboard RGB LED

For totaly newbees like I am it would be good to point out better when the board needs to be in bootloader mode, and when as a normal COM device.

All in all a very good simple and easy start. You are doing a absolute gorgeous job!

On the applications you mentioned, I have just completed a [project] where you can control a small rover with a Xamarin.Forms app using Plugin.BLE, though I’m still working on the documentation to publish it on Hackster. It would be the part 2 of the [existing project] I released a while back.
→ Please do that! this is such a good project! I saw your Interview where you presented the NES gui for your rover! This in combination with a good documentation and a good “Presentation” on your Homepage would be a magnet for new customers!

For 433Mh receiver-emitter we have a driver for the nrf24l01 that its a WIP, we havent got that working fully atm.
→ Yeah I was not sure which “Radio Frequency” devices I should order, but if you say this one will be faster lose the WIP status i will order it now.

For Arducam, we have a in the Meadow.Foundation repo, you could give that a try.
→ Sure I will order one now. Arducam Mini 2MP

Another thing to keep in mind is that Meadow application currently run on Interpret mode, so the performance is not optimal until we reach AOT compilations.
→ Ok, I will give it a look afterwards, curently not watching on realtime solutions. Its more the interest of kinda “plug and play” new sensors or modules. I please you to keep that in mind to strengthen your community in having good documentations :slight_smile:

It also would be great if you point out how you are realtime debugging with visual studio and install probably JTAG?

All in all please bring out content with good documentation and this will be a great wave you will surf on!

Real time debugging is currently being worked on and we hope to have an announcement real soon. There will be no need to use JTAG to debug your C# applications as the communication with the board should pass through the onboard USB connector.

Regards,
Mark