Aquarium Controller program - trying to run it - mscorlib errors

I am attempting to deploy the Aquarium controller software onto a Netduino 3 Ethernet. The board is connected and has been working great with other sample programs.

The app is based upon the 4.2 framework and I am getting the following error.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Cannot deploy the base assembly ‘mscorlib’, or any of his satellite assemblies, to device - USB:Netduino twice. Assembly ‘mscorlib’ on the device has version 4.3.1.0, while the program is trying to deploy version 4.2.0.0

I was going with the idea that I had to deprecate the firmware on the Netduino 3, but am unable to do so using the Netdeploy, or Zadig. I did try using Netduino Deploy but it keeps crashing.

Am I on the right track? Any suggestions?

btw: I attempted to bring everything up to 4.3 but that resulted in the dll installation spiral of doom. If this is the right way to go, I will give it another try.

You can use this as a guide to update the firmware.

The legacy firmware and SDK are located here.

I hope this helps

I don’t think Netduino 3 ever had 4.2 firmware. You may have to purchase the Netduino 2 plus and update to the legacy firmware you need?

David,

You are correct. I couldn’t deploy 4.2 onto a 4.3 board.

So, I took another crack at updating everything to 4.3. I finally got the dll issues sorted but ran into issues with the web server. At this point, I don’t need a web server, so I will strip it out and start adding the rest of the sensors and a front end.

Appreciate the advice and assistance.

jeffg

Glad you got it working

Do you have a github link for this project? Would be interested in this!